How to close the message box automatically

Didn’t know Callout is used as Pop up activity…Thanks!

haha thanks but why’d i wants to show the msg in “CMD” when i can use “WriteLine” Activity which is convenient rather than showing black screen in middle of the workflow.

The solution is "Callout Activity . thanks to @adrian.:+1:

the best solution . Thanks a lot @adrian .

don’t know how you run the parallel bots in UIPATH Studio free version. Don’t you think its complex workflow for a simple requirement ,where i can use “Callout” activity rather than some other way around .
@adrian thanks mate again.

As I said before, It was my best idea for the moment. I didn’t knew the Callout Message Activity until now. I was just trying to help with my current knowledge.

Anyway, thanks a lot Adrian to give us a best solution :wink:

4 Likes

Hello,

I had similar issue. I did with Powershell command, its just one line command which displays message box and auto closes as per the parameter passed.

4 Likes

do you mind sharing the script and activity used to achieve this.

1 Like

As of now, I don’t have script. But I do know that you need to pass a command using “Invoke Powershell” activity. Below is the command which I passed

“(New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell).popup()”

2 Likes

hi @ddpadil i am getting pop up message few times consistent data capture ,I want to close only those times, any suggestion

1 Like

Hi,

You could make use of image exist/element exist then validate the condition and perform the click action OR On element appear or On image appear to click on the pop up.

Refer.

3 Likes

hello @ddpadil I tried clicking messagebox is below the right way…??

2 Likes

Hello All,

(How to close the message box automatically)

How to give message box output variable as Callout variable. message box output field didn’t allow to enter Callout variable. even though we tried to covert Callout variable to to-string, it is not allowing… kindly can someone help me if possible… Please guide us by step by step procedure, it would be really helpful for noobs like me :slight_smile:

Respectfully,
Jack

I also need to understand how Callout Activity can be used. Kindly help with an example.

2 Likes

Hi,

I am trying to read each row data from a data table and before put the values into the application , just want to display the data for few seconds , so that user can verify.
Now instead of using Log message, want to use the callout activity. so can anyone help how to use the callout activity.

1 Like

@anujgupta88 @sain87 Check attched file for callout actvity

CallOut.zip (27.1 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @indra,

Thanks for your sharing.
But while trying to run it in my system getting the following exception on CallOut

Callout : Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

My system has excel 16, and I have updated the selector (please refer the image)

but still the issue persists. can you help in this regards.

Regards,
Arijit

1 Like

First open user excel file
Than click attach to live element than click on the user excel sheet

Great , it is working.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Arijit

2 Likes

I am unable to understand what the Callout activity doing here? Can you please explain since i dont see any popup happening. Please help.

1 Like