I have 2 excel files (excel1 and excel2). excel 1 has data and a Run button. when pressing the Run button, delete the old data and open the path selection window. and then select excel 2 to get the data. but when I got to the path, I couldn’t choose the excel 2 path. I tried “select files” activity and “click” activity but still can not. please help
Welcome to the community.
Try using type into activity after a click.
thank for replied. i tried “type into” activity and “click” activity but still can not
Could you please share some screenshot or code file on what are you exactly trying.
I’ve already opened the file. But there was another error. That is when opening the second file, it does not work but errors at the click button open. I edited the selecter of the open click button step and ran very well. so the problem is probably in the second file. please help me
Try typing the whole path along with filename + Enter key in Type into.
This may help
Now, I have already opened the file and am going to work with it. In excel 2, there is an input box showing the range I selected (range from column B to any column - row B2 to B20 is fixed, select only column) then click OK at the input box to paste the selected value into excel 1. That is my current problem. please help
You can do that in few ways, One of which is below
- Read the range from the input box
- Supply it to read range activity which reads the entire data from opened excel
- Use write range to write it back to the other excel
This may help. If you want more clear solution, Just post the project xaml and excel files I may provide you the demo solution.
I’m so sorry that I can’t get a file that contains data now because I haven’t finished creating it yet. My essential exercises are:
For 2 excel. excel 1 is where output is and there is a Run button. excel 2 is input that contains data to get pasted into excel 1.
- First, open excel 1 click Run to delete all the old data and open window explower select the link to excel 2.
- Open excel 2. In excel 2 will ask if you want to quit sharing? click no. Then the input box of excel 2 will appear asking the user who wants to select the range of data from which column to which column. Users will manually do this stage (data will count from column B26:B616(fixed), select only columns).
-After selecting the data, click OK at the input box, the data will be pasted into excel 1 and then save the file.
I’m working on a data range selection at excel 2 to paste into excel 1 but it’s faulty. I tried Kill process and read range workbook but did not. Please show me. thank you
Hey @Thang_Nguyen1, No problem
In Excel 1 where do you want to write the data.
excel 1 is simply paste data of excel 2. you can create any data in excel 2
Okay then, Do a read range from excel 2 and then write range in excel by mentioning starting cell.
how do that. please show me