How to check wether check box is checked or not and radio button value whether it is "Male" or "Female"

How to check wether check box is checked or not and radio button value whether it is “Male” or “Female” in embbeded PDF file in a web application?

Hi @Arooshi13,
If the pdf is opened in the web application, you may want to use Find Image activity.
For example, IF you find an image with a check at the side of Male, then it is a Male. If not, it is a Female.

Hey, I tried but unable to get the value, whether box is checked or not

Hi @Arooshi13,
I think what @Jan_Brian_Despi wanted to say is that you should use If activity. Before If you need to declare Find Image and assign it’s output to the variable (boolean) and inside the If use this variable as a condition like “variable = true”. And then you can do everything else with it.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for replying, But Find image activity not giving me output value,rather returning the page info.

Hi @Arooshi13,
Have you input a bool variable name in the FoundElement property of Find Image?

Try it this way:

2 Likes

Yes
and i am unable to upload my XML file here as I have new account.

Hey, by using element exist activity am able to get the true or false value. But in a scenario like whether it is "Male " or “Female” in this case True or false value can not help. any suggestion?

Please note that we are talking about Find Image activity, not Element exist. Element exist is applicable where Ui elements can be taken from pointed element.

Yes, but Find image activity not returning me Boolean value, as it showing error that “uipath.core.uielement” value can not be converted to Boolean value.

Please change the data type of the variable to boolean

Yes I already done to Boolean

Hi @Arooshi13,
Please try this sample workflow instead :slight_smile:
BlankProcess27.zip (18.5 KB)

I showed you example in my screenshot above. “element.IsVisible” it works like boolean in this case.

1 Like

Hey,Image found is find. But suppose you have a form and you want to figure out whether checked radio button is male or female how will do? with this in either case for male n female it will show found,but i want to read what is the checked box or radio button is ?

But suppose you have a form and you want to figure out whether checked radio button is male or female how will do? with this in either case for male n female it will show found,but i want to read what is the checked box or radio button is ?

Hang on… so what you’re saying is what you want to do is read the PDF and have it tell you if the checkbox is ticked or not?

For example if the below is your pdf…

“dummy text, blah blah blah
Female:
Male:

When you scrape the text you want the output to be something like:
“dummy text, blah blah blah
Female: ticked
Male: not ticked”

Is this correct?

Hey, Yes absolutely correct. This is what i want to do. Guide me how to do?

Yes it correct. So can you suggest how to do?