How to check to which VM is connected Orchestrator in a Multi-Node Deployment?
UiPath does not have (out of scope) a custom script that checks on which Orchestrator instance is the Robot opening the session.
As long as it is connecting to the Azure LB, it will be redirected to the one available.
If it is required to check from the Robot VM on which instance is the session redirected, the following steps must be followed within the IIS interface:
- Open IIS manager and click on the Orchestrator site;
- Open the Http response headers and add a new option: X-NODE with a value corresponding to the node (IP address, hostname, node 1 etc.);
- Repeat the same setting for all the nodes;
- On the Robot machine, open a browser and access the Orchestrator URL using the Load-Balancer DNS;
- Open the dev tools option by pressing F12 and check the networking part;
- Click on a request and on the right side, where is visible the x-node value which means that is the node which was reached by the session:
Alternative Resolution would be (UiPath haven't tested this since it's out of scope): use Wireshark to see how the connection is done and try to reconnect the Robot to Orchestrator from the Robot tray.