How to check if the checkbox in a pdf document is selected?

How to check if the checkbox in a pdf document is selected?
I will add that the pdf document and generated on the website and the checkbox in the pdf document cannot be clicked. Either it is or it is not selected.

You can see either the checkbox tick or not

Hi @r.rydzewski

Please check the below link:

Hi @r.rydzewski

Can you please try with Image Exist activity?

Thank you.

@r.rydzewski , The PDF looks like a Digital PDF, if there is a Possibility of Downloading the PDF, we can Check if By Using Read PDF Text Activity, How is the Check/UnCheck mark option appeared in the form of Text.

Based on that we might be able to use a Regex and Get to know it’s value.

Hello Rydzewski,

Can you try “Get Attribute” activity over this check box and print “checked” attributes value.
Also, if possible, can u share the pdf sample with checkbox to try some other options.

Thank you very much for the answer and the hint.

PDF is not clickable. You can copy text in a pdf document. I have access to the pdf text layer. But a checkbox is like a picture in PDF.

A checkbox is an image in a PDF document.

He’s gonna try it out soon. Will this activity recognize 2 same PDF if 1 has an unchecked Checkbox?

A checkbox is an image in a PDF document.

Yes, I Can. It’s a PDF sample
wn.pdf (49.7 KB)

Hello Rydzewski,

Can you share the pdf in which this is not checked?

BR,
Shahabuddin N

There is just no such case yet.
I try to do it, but something goes wrong.
:frowning:

@r.rydzewski

Try :
checked/Unchecked activity for this scenarios.

I was on a holiday. Gentlemen, thank you very much for your hints. I solved this problem thanks to one of the hints :). I made photo extractions from a PDF file. How can I access PNG files. And this gives me the opportunity to check the photo’s checksum. Photos with a checked checkbox have a different checksum than those with an unchecked checkbox.

So PDF extracted Image + file checksum solves the problem.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I was unable to share the entire PDF.
You gave me an idea of ​​extracting photos from pdf

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.