How to check error scenarios which one is working

hello everyone,

I had a requirement to type the error scenarios(i.e error1 or error 2 or error3) using ‘|’ if error1 fails likewise we need to proceed error2,error3.Please find the below excel constant sheet

config.xlsx (7.8 KB)

Hi @raghuramk,
Could you please show an example or describe it better. It’s hard to understand what do you mean.

hi @Pablito,

I had a scenario suppose variable = error1|error2|error3.I need to test the 3 Scenarios( i.e 1.error1,2.error2,3.error3) based on ‘|’ which error scenario is working or else after testing these 3 scenarios we need to throw an error. Can you explain me how to write a code for this.

I’m not sure if I got this right but if you want to test scenario based on data written together in one excel cell then you need to grab text and use for example regex to extract each of the value divided by “|” character.

I would like to ask the similar question: For example, there are cases where the items have error like it was suppose to be item 1, item 2 and item 3 in the excel. But maybe another sheet have only item 1 and 2 which item 3 is missing. Is there a way for UI path for detect this kind of error ? Thank you for reading and hope that you will be able to help me

Hi @jiacai.21,
Welcome to the Community!
For such scenarios, you need to build your own mechanism that will check for any discrepancies. The Studio itself doesn’t know what each data means etc. This is rather something that relies on developers and the right process creation.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Is there any guidance you can provide to help me out with this? Like for example what kind of activities to use?

As a good start, I would suggest checking the REFramework template. You can find it in the Studio. Additionally, there is training in our Academy that you may check. It really helps to handle some process errors etc.

Noted. Thank you for your reply. I will go check it out

1 Like