How to Check cell content from one specific Excel column?

Guys,

I have a simple Excel sheet with Name and Status columns, this sheet used for recording people’s attendance.

what I wanted to achieve here is to check if any one of the cells from Status column filled with value like “Not*” such as “Not recorded” or “Not attended”, then I will make if-else to make decision later.

Verify%20Cell%20Value%20from%20one%20column
Please refer my attached pictures above. Here all cells from Status column are “Not*” which I need robot to detect this senario for me to make decision later.

Thanks,
Victor

@Victor_Victory

1. First use Read Range activity to read the data from excel file and will give you output as DataTable and say ‘DT’. And then use below select query to filter the data.

filterDT = DT.Select("Status Like 'NOT*'").CopyToDataTable

1 Like

@Victor_Victory,

You can try using Filter DataTable as shown below,

Capture

1 Like

I think it is because of my communication issue which misled friends to direct me on how to filtering the column. My focus is on how to pass my decision making portion to the next action.

I have found a way to achieve my objective by check through all cell and produce a Boolean value as long as detected any value with “No*” from any cell on the column. I will try to make my way of expression clearer in future.

Thank you guys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.