How to change the workflow to run in Unattended mode

Hey Guys

I am aware this question has been asked before by myself and others. But I have read some of the previous posts and I am still puzzled. I have made this process in studio and I want to run it with an unattended robot. But I concerned about what allows the process to function as unattended. Is it mandatory to check the simulate type or send windows message for it to work as unattended. As for one of my processes, this seems to skew the results.

Can anyone please advise on this?

1 Like

Yes buddy
We need that to be enabled
Only then those activities will work in background that is in a unattended way
May I know What was the issue you were facing in that

Cheers @bobby

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan. I am using the type into activity to key in text into powershell applcation. But whether you use simulate type or send windows message. It writes it in the title bar of the application instead of the application body.

1 Like

Is the selector chosen correctly buddy
If not we can use Send hot key activity with key as tab to navigate across the fields and use n number of send hot keys with Tab key until we reach the field we want and use type into activity without choosing any element for selector and pass the input string
Then send hot key activity with key as enter
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan when you use send windows messages on a send hot key activity. It types the word enter. So that’s why I did not use it.

Kindly disable that property and try once
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

@Palaniyappan it works fine without the property enabled. But to run it in the background. You need this propery enabled so not sure about what to do?

1 Like

Send hot key would work if that activity is placed within correct context and that doesn’t need send window message to be enabled, like by keeping inside a attach window or attach browser like that
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

Ok thanks that’s good to know.

1 Like

Cheers @bobby

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.