How to change default browser version opened by UiPath?

I have two versions of chrome installed on my machine, stable version and canary.

Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Version 76.0.3790.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

When I use Open Browser activity and use BrowserType as Chrome, UiPath opens canary instead of the stable version of chrome. Main problem is that UiPath does not work with canary even after installing the add on.

Does anybody know how I can set the version to be used by UiPath if I have multiple versions installed?

UiPath Studio Version: 2019.2.4

Hi,

Currently uipath doesn’t have an option to trigger the version based browser application.

As a workaround you can use Start Process activity by providing the full path of chrome (needed version) and additionally you can pass the URL as an argument (using command).

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

Maybe there is no direct method from the front end to change the setting. However, it must be stored somewhere, maybe a registry key. If I change the name of the installation folder of Canary, UiPath throws an error. So, the path is stored, but don’t know where.

Any update on this ? i am also facing the same issue

@vishnuvarthanp @KarthikByggari

Managed to find a workaround for this. Read more details below.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.