How to capture Screen Elements

Hello Experts,
I am new to UIpath. I am working with a use case is as follows.

1. User will open an application. and will fill data into its form field ( Name, Age, gender etc.) manually.
  2. Upon hitting the submit button the entered data should insert into the database.

Could somebody please help any idea to capture the screen element and invoke its functionality?

Thanks & Regards,
Prasanta K Lenka

1 Like

Hi @PrasantaLenka

Scenario
1.Use Openapplication Activities.
2.Use type into activities and send hotkeys to navigate into the fields.
3.Use Click activities to submit the button .

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @pattyricarte,
Thank you so much for your valuable time and help.
Additionally could you please suggest,
If user enters the data manually, How the entered data can be stored in a variable?
If the user is clicking the SUBMIT button manually. upon clicking submit how Can I invoke another sequence which will insert the data into the database?

@PrasantaLenka
Do you want to stored first the data in variable before submitting ?
Is this desktop application.?
Why do we need to insert in the database? if we are using application to insert data ?

1 Like

Hi @pattyricarte ,

• Yes this is a desktop application.

• and I want to get the all the data entered by user from the input fields and store into the variables.

• As it is a desktop application it is storing the data itself. But additionally I need to perform another operation based on some events. such as submit button pressed. So I want to store the captured data from the fields into a database when the user is clicking the submit button.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

@PrasantaLenka

Ok We can use screen scraping activity and assing activity for the variable.

1 Like