How to automatically read specific fields from similar pics placed in a folder?

Hello Everyone
For the past week, I’m stuck in this problem where I want to read specific text from images i.e bunch of similar business cards, placed in a folder. I want to automate a process where it can read name, designation, address and contact number through citrix and export the fetched text in a csv, column wise. I have followed every link available but unable to do so. Kindly help, it’s kind of urgent.

Can you please mention the problem that you are facing in your approach ?

Hey sam,

you should mention your approach, and your problem you are facing in that approach then that will be easy to understand your problem properly!!

I will suggest you to go through this thread:

regards
Aditya

2 Likes

It would help if you could provide some simple sample data to work with, even if that would be only 1 mockup version of the image.

However, without any additional knowledge, you could follow those steps.

1. Create a list of paths to the images (getting list of files from a directory is well explained on the forum)
  2. Create a loop in UiPath that will load each image to a variable and then OCR the text out of it. Workflow for the OCR part would look like that:
  3. Within the loop, you can post-process the string to extract all the information.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi @sam1296
I think what you mean is that you are using OCR/image recognition on the pictures of business cards within the folder in order to extract name/number/etc and you want to populate a .csv file with this information?

When you mention citrix I assume you mean because you are using OCR/image recognition, and not actually a citrix connection?

If so, using “Get OCR Text” action will pull all the text it can read from the business card, and you can then use string manipulation (split, substring etc) in order to extract just the information you need. You will then be able to use this information to populate your data table.

I hope this makes sense?

Alex

1 Like

I’m unable to read all the pics from the folder i.e. just one pic is opening.
Plus I’m unable to write output in a csv column wise. I’m just getting a text file.

Thanks @loginerror for the response.
Following attached are images from which I want to extract data. I want to read all the text from the visiting card and store the data in a csv, column wise, from all the files in a folder.

Thanks @Alex_Cross for the response. I’m a newbie to UIPath and don’t know the specifics.

Following attached are images from which I want to extract data. I want to read all the text from the visiting card and store the data in a csv, column wise, from all the files in a folder.

@sam1296

Please see attachment for the sample solution. It is not perfect and is still missing the post processing of the OCR output, but it will give you a nice start.

GetTextFromImages.zip (462.6 KB)

It would also help a lot if the images were properly scanned, if at all possible.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @loginerror :slight_smile: