How to automate powerpoint in uipath

Friends,
I need to automate excel and copy past the chart from excel to powerpoint. im using uipath 2017 version. Is there any package for powerpoint in uipath? Kindly let me know ,if there is any.
Regards
Nandhini.P

Hi @NandhiniP,

Same as excel package, we have Microsoft.Office.Interop.Powerpoint package in vb code. So we can import and use Invoke Code activity to do the operations needed.

Regards,
Hareesh

Hi @NandhiniP

Here you have some activities .

Regards
Balareva

I tried to add the below mention package,but I’m it was throwing error.

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

Thanks hareesh madasi…will try

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

1 Like

Dear Balareva,

Is there a way to copy data/texts from a word file into a PowerPoint using any of the UiPath activities. If so, please let me know.

Thanks!
Saim

1 Like

Hello @5a3kh4n,
Yes . It is possible. You can read the text from word like below.

Using this activity you can able to insert text into PowerPiont.
https://go.uipath.com/component/edit-powerpoint-slide

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi there,
Is there any way by which multiple fields and multiple slides can be edited in one go .

Thanks

Hello @pankajdhankhar,

Yes . it is possible by custom activity.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi Balupad14
Can you share a workflow/Custom activities or anything related to it which I can use.

Regards
Akash

Hi @AkashMahajan,

Here is the link that you have example for embed the excel chart to power point.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

@balupad14, thanks for the above post. I have a issue when embedding excel charts into power point. I have installed the easy excel activity package 28.1.2 in UiPath and created the flow as you mentioned in the video. I am getting this error.
Source: Chart Embed To PowerPoint

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A8
at BalaReva.EasyExcel.Base.ExcelActivity.HandleException(Exception ex)
at BalaReva.EasyExcel.Charts.ChartEmbedToPowerPoint.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Could you please advise on this?
Many Thanks

1 Like

Hi @skhiremath,

Can you please send me the sample file to test on my side?

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Test_Charts_Excel_Sample_Template.xlsx (37.9 KB) [quote=“balupad14, post:13, topic:84561”]
y side
[/quote]

@balupad14 , Thanks for your response. Please find attached sample files.
Many ThanksTest_Charts_Excel_Sample_Template.xlsx (37.9 KB)
Sorry, I couldn’t attach the ppt as the portal doesn’t allow.
Kind Regards

1 Like

Hi ,

I think the best suggestion would be using Invoke Code.