How to authenticate orchestrator api using windows credentials

Great Post! We’re are facing the same issue and this is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to write this out!!

1 Like

Hi, I am getting the same “loginModel is null” error. If you were able to resolve the issue, can you please share your solution?

Hi @atul.trikha,

Please take the time to read through the thread; It covers two authentication methods (Local Authentication with a Bearer Token and Domain Authentication via NTLM).

If any of the above is unclear, please indicate which part that is and I would be happy to assist, as I am sure others would be as well.

Depending on your circumstances, I might also suggest making a new topic (MCVE) specific to your issue detailing what it is you’re trying to do, What you have tried so far, and the outcome you are getting. Doing this will make it much easier for someone to assist you with your particular case.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim,
I’m looking for code to get Domain Authentication NTLM token. Can you provide code?

3 Likes

Hi, could you please assist how did you create an NTLM token? Actually there is a requirement in my project which requires to authenticate Orchestrator by this way

@codemonkee…In our environment, So far Authentication of users are being done by orchestrator local user. How ever going forward it is being replaced with the active directory i.e. using windows creds , user would be authenticated using SSO.

We are leveraging the Rest API’s of orchestrator. Initially we were utilizing the local credential of orchestrator user to /api/account/authenticate but now since SSO is enabled , i need to understand how to get the NTLM token to pass it as a header to subsequent requests.

If you have SSO enabled and automatic-login is enabled on the orchestrator you can simply skip the authentication.

Hi
Example of code:

Invoke-WebRequest `
-Uri 'https://onprem-uipath-hostname/odata/Folders' `
-Method GET `
-ContentType "application/json" `
-UseDefaultCredentials

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to authenticate Orchestrator API using ReactJS & NTLM

@codemonkee
Great ! Thanks a lot you really made it very clear to us

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.