How to add Custom Activities to 2018.3

Hello All,

Can you please tell me how to add custom activities to Uipath from local machine.

I added my custom activities package to studio 2018.3 but it’s giving “source file not found error”. I copied dependencies(.dll files) also.

your help is much appreciated…!

Thank you!

Hi @ak3430

It is possible to simply add a folder on your harddrive that contains them in the Manage Packages settings. See this link for step-by-step guide:

1 Like

@loginerror,

Thank you for responding. Below error I am getting when I installed it.

Project%20Dependencies

Does it work with just this single, problematic package on a blank project?

@loginerror,

currently only with this package, the one’s that I install from other sources(downloading from GO & coping into Local folder, official, community) are working normally.

Hello @loginerror @ovi,

Any suggestions on above issue.

Thank you!

@loginerror,

I found the resolution for the error. thank you for your time.

Hi @ak3430 ,

I’m getting the same behaviour with a custom package I’ve written. It’s working well in UiPath 2018.2.3 but shows the same type of error for 2018.3. How were you able to resolve this error?
Many thanks,

Henri

Hi @Henri

Make sure that you pack all assemblies together with your main project. It might help.

Hi @loginerror,

Thanks for your response! Do you mean the main UiPath project? Is this a difference between 2018.2 and 2018.3? I’m currently placing all the .dlls in the package.
Many thanks,

Henri

Indeed, I meant that the custom package should have the .dlls packaged.

The difference between 2018.2 and 2018.3 is the fact that 2018.3 introduced a strict dependency control. This means that only packages that are installed for that project are available as dependencies within that project.

Previously, any installed package was automatically a dependency for all projects in the future.

In this case, I would focus on this part:

It seems like the package cannot be found in the specified locations.

1 Like

@loginerror, Thanks, that’s a clear explanation of how things are different between 2018.2 and 2018.3. I was missing System.Management.Automation, and adding that in fixed all!

1 Like