How to add a System.Data.DataRow variable into a work queue?

I am trying to add rows of information extracted from an excel sheet and stored in a datatable into a work queue.

I am using a For Each Row Activity to loop through the data table and I have the Add Queue Item Activity within the body. I have setup a System.Data.DataRow argument within the Item Information section of the Add Queue Item Activity but I keep getting the following error message: “Could not determine JSON object type for type System.Data.DataRow”.

What is the correct method for adding DataRow variables into a work queue?

1 Like

Hi, Did you get a solution for this.

Hi send the screen shot

No we did not, do you have a solution for this?

No, I am adding each row cell into a text variable for the Queue item in Orchestrator.

Does anyone got the solution??

Thanks,
Meg

I think if the variable value doesn’t match then you will get the error like that. In my case for Set Transaction status i need to pass Get Queue Item output variable(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<UiPath.Core.QueueItem>) , instead of that i passed Get Transaction Item Output Variable(UiPath.Core.QueueItem) then I also got the error like “Set Transaction Status: Could not determine JSON object type for type UiPath.Core.QueueItem.” After passing correct values i got the output.

Hello,

I have passed the data row to queue by converting it into JSON string and later while retrieve transaction item I have converted JSON string to datarow,
It worked for me, if any info required let me know.

Thanks,
Meg

1 Like

Hi Meg,

Could you please share your solution?
I have a similar case where DataRows should be added to the queue and retrieved. I have used JsonConvert.SerializeObject(row) in the AddQueueItem activity and looks like that’s working. What I’m struggling with is the deserialization part after GetQueueItem. Deserialize JSON activity fails with error: “Deserialize JSON: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value”

Hello,

Attaching my flow.
TestDatarowString.xaml (23.4 KB)

Thanks,
Meg

6 Likes

Hi Sir,
How to assign the JSONConvert.SerializeObject(MyDT) to Jsonstring in assign activity.if i need to download the any packages for this/or not. Can you please give me brief information on this. And the thanks for provided sample template.

Nice thinking. Thanks!

1 Like

What to do in case of Complete Row which contain 5 to 6 Columns?
Row.item(0).ToString add only single Column value.

Hi @megharajky . When I am doing the Assign I am getting JSONConvert is not declared. Can you give me any hints on this? Thank you!