How to access files from a different drive letter in UiPath

I am trying to automate the moving of files from a Z: drive to my C: drive. It returns the error that the Z: drive cannot be accessed.

Thanks,
Brady

Hi,

In my environment, file can be moved to other drive. Can you share screenshot of the activity?

Regards,

Hey,
Do you have mapped network path to Z drive on your PC during automation ?
Do you copy something directly to C drive ? If yes try create new folder because copy directly on C drive is blocking by Windows.

This isnt the full thing, this is just showing that I can’t even access the Z: drive

Hi,

It seems permission problem. is it possible to create new file in Z:\ using explorer?

Regards,

Are you sure that you have mapped Z drive ? Could you show us screenshot of ‘my computer’ where this drive content is visible ?

No, I can’t, but I really only need to copy and paste files from it to the C: drive. And even when I try to do that, it won’t let me access it, when I was able to go and copy and paste manually through explorer. Will I need permissions to copy and paste as well. Example below.

To summarize.
You can create new folders/files on Z drive when you are using explorer but when you are doing it using UiPath it’s doesn’t work ?
Can you try type full server name like : \serverName\networkPath instead Z:\networkPath ?

Like this?

Hi,

It seems to use the following software, doesn’t it?

There might be also possibility of the above software matter. For now, can you try to update the latest version. and/or check FAQ if there is similar matter?

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll mess around with it and see if i can get it to work.