How the times jobs will wait if the robots is running?

Hi guys!
I use OC-Triggers to manage jobs.
Fox example, the process A will start at 8:00PM, but at the same time,Process B was running.
I want to know the process A will wait the process B finished? what is Max waiting time? and How to set up the waiting time?
Maybe I have reading some docs about it,but I can’t find this.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @donghai,

Sometimes we couldn’t find, Please try by one time with the same process. I think it will wait until the process A to be finished.

Hi @kuppu_samy
Thanks!
But may if a long time need to wait, the Process A maybe can’t auto run.

1 Like

usually when we run two process in same machine, and if two process are triggered one after the another or at the same time, the bot A will be running and bot B will be set in PENDING State till the bot A completes its execution…

no buddy it can’t auto run meanwhile when the another bot is running in same machine,
it wil be set with PENDING state until the current process execution stops in that machine

or

we got one chance like we can set that process with environment having FLOATING robots so that it will run in machine which is available at that moment
for more details

According to the Robot/Machine Interaction

• Standard Robot - works on a single Standard Machine only, namely the one defined when creating it. This is ideal for the scenario in which a user always works on the same machine.
  • Floating Robot - works on any machine defined in Orchestrator, be it Standard or Template, as the machine name is not relevant when creating it. Only Attended and Development Robots can be floating, and as such, they become licensed automatically when you open the Robot tray. These types of Robots only work with Active Directory users and are useful if the machine you want to add a Robot to has a different name each time it is spawned, such as for Non-Persistent VDIs. Same goes for hotseat environments, where different people are working in shifts on the same computer.

Example:
Let’s say you have an environment with 8 users working on non-persistent virtual desktops. Machine allocation is done randomly, so one user can be allocated any of the available machines in the VDI.

• In the standard scenario, you would have to define a Robot for each user/machine combination. For a VDI with 8 machines that means 64 Robots.
  • In the floating scenario, you only need to define one machine template and 8 Floating Robots (one for each user). The template persists across your entire VDI such that each of the users can connect to their Robots using one key, the Machine Template key.

Cheers @donghai

Hi @Palaniyappan
Forgive me that I can’t expatiate the issue in english.
Let me try again.
Maybe the pending Process would not wait the running Process all the time,and it’s has a max time?

yah while setting SCHEDULE we got an option called Stop Job After
enable that and try once, with which we could be able to stop after a specific time interval

Cheers @donghai

Yes,I found this option.But I want to konw the default time,if this option is off.

no such default time buddy
it will wait until the robot is available
@donghai

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan
Thank you very much!
I get it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cheers @donghai

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.