How Robot can request credentials from CyberArk?

will this help.?

Yes Actually the above article will help to configure “Storing Robot Credentials in CyberArk” but getting credentials from CyberArk to use in Uipath code is not much clear and I am new to this CyberArk tool. :slight_smile:

Hi @RAJU_KADARI

In CyberArk you can only store the Robot credentials (push) and you can only see them in the Vault. Why do you need the Robot credentials in the code? Those are used only when you run a Job for the Robot to connect to the Windows session. So basically they have nothing to do with other applications credentials.

If you want the Robot to login to other app you can store the credentials in Assets and retrieve them in the code using Get Credentials activity.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks,
Viorela

Thanks @ovi, Actually i need to access third party secure client websites .
Where we dont want to place passwords in Orchestrator. We want to use CyberArk integration for this ? Will that work ?

For now CyberArk integration is only for Robot credentials. We have on the roadmap for future releases to integrate other credentials too.

What you can do if you don’t want to use Orchestrator Assets is to store your passwords in Windows Credentials.

Thanks Again… We are planning to write custom activity to implement this feature
which can be re-usable for all projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s also an option. Let me know if you have any issues in developing it :wink:

Hi Raju,

i just want to implement same requirement to my client(UIPath–> CyberArk–> To Login client secure Website).

Could you suggest something on the custom activity to get the credential from cyberark to UIPath.

Your suggestion is really important and valuable for me; also it will make my development into more easier.

Hi Viorela,

Any updates on CyberArk integration with UiPath to store generic Credentials?
We are using Orchestrator but would like to use Cyberark.

Thanks,
Prachi

Hi @PrachiSinghDeloitte

It continues to be on our to-do list. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

You can write a script that opens the cyberark webpage and retrieves the password this way. Store it into a SecureString variable.

i did an integration with CyberArk and Uipath orchestrator. CyberArk is installed in different servers at enterprise level and UiPath in AWS. i have modified the orchestrator web.config but while running process i am getting the below error.

• Info: “Executor start process failed, reason System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))\r\n at UiPath.UiSystemClass.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String bstrUser, String bstrPassword, UiOpenSessionFlags nFlags, String bstrApplication, String bstrAppArguments, Int32 nDelayMs, Int32 userToken, UiGenericOptions options)\r\n at UiPath.Core.Setup.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String username, String password, OpenSessionFlags flags, String application, String arguments, Int32 userToken, Int32 preferredWidth, Int32 preferredHeight, Int32 preferredDepth, Boolean fontSmoothing)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.StartProcessInSession(Guid executorInstanceId, String username, String password, SettingsDictionary execSettings, IntPtr userToken)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass17_1.<<Start>b__0>d.MoveNext()”

Any suggestion?

make sure that machine IP/details (where you are running job) should be added to CyberArk web site. it mean you should whitelist that perticular machine which allows to run the job.

So just to be clear, we need to specify just the Orchestrator machine’s IP address in the Allowed Machines tab?
The way I understood, specifying the IP(s) here would restrict access to only those IP(s) and not specifying would allow unrestricted access to all IP(s) - is that not correct? Providing IP is must for this to work?
@ovi @Divyashreem @loginerror

Hello @RAJU_KADARI this was a custom activity I found on the UiPath Go! site if you create an account you will be able to get it

https://go.uipath.com/component/cyberark-584002

Hope this helps

Tq, by the way we implemented long back … since it is using internal purpose , i have not shared here :slight_smile:

Hi @RAJU_KADARI,

CyberArk only allows you to store Robot login credentials in it’s vault. However, CyberArk also allows you to create credential objects of your own if you’re an admin in the CyberArk instance in the organization. You can create a custom activity in Visual Studio which will help you retrieve the Credential from CyberArk using the AIM API which could be requested from CyberArk team.

Hi Team,

Any updates?
Currently support only Robot Credentials? Is it possible to get generic Credentials?

Hi,

We are doing cyberArk integration currently. I was searching for the information about how we can retrieve asset from cyberArk. What i found, earlier there was some activity in uipath to retrieve the password but now it is deprecated,so we cannot use now. Second thing we can use cyberArk API call to retrieve the password.
Is there is any other way we can retrieve password from cyberArk.

Thanks,
Jelin

Please use API call through powershell script, it should work