How do you get an Orchestrator webhook to send a teams notification?

Orchestrator webhook is not sending data to Microsoft teams.
The steps I have taken are listed below.
I have configured a teams channel to send alerts by orchestrator webhook, teams supplied me with a URL.
I copied the URL from teams.
I pasted that URL in the webhook interface on orchestrator.
I selected some options, the option I chose is to send information whenever a queue has been created or deleted.
I created a queue and deleted it and no data was being sent.
I feel like I have done all the obvious steps to send the alert but still no alert is being sent.
Is there a way I can see what json is being sent and is there a way to modify the json body orchestrator is sending out?

Anything helps!
Thanks!

Hi @TheAutomater

Give a try using a different webhook URL.

Access https://webhook.site, it will generate a unique URL that you can use for tests purposes.

You will be able to monitor any requests to the generated URL.

Hi @TheAutomater

It seems u cannot directly get the json, well u can trigger the in such a way message is sent to team upon the respective events being occured.

To get body of events details u had to use a webserver and then use that webserver to sent message to team

I had tried also the same for sending orchestrator events to telegram by creating a python webserver using flask.

Here u can provide the url of python webserver in orchestrator webhook , whenever any event happens, the orchestrator sent the event details in json to webserver , where u can parse the details and sent it to ms team via using python

GENERAL FLOWCHART

ORCHESTRATOR -----> PYTHON WEBSERVER [FLASK] -----> MS TEAMS [Notification]

You can see the my project implemenation regarding telegram notification of Orchestrator using same concepts

Hope it helps

Regards,
Nived N
Happy Automation

Thank you for your response. This does return the json, from this website do you know how I can get the results posted to microsoft teams?

Thank you for your response. I will do some testing and give you an update shortly

1 Like