How do i use if else while having a word

studio

I have used get OCR text to get a keyword. The keyword can only be one of two words. I created an If activity for the workflow, if its keyword 1 do this, else do that. However, it only runs the else part…

@CalvinW May be ur extracted text not getting required word to execute then part of if condition. Try to print extracted text to check to what value u getting.

Otherwise in if condition u may be using = , it will will match only exact value on right hand side value, instead of = use contains method of string it can match the extracted text if it contains the string in if condition.

I tried using message box, it works.

Can you give an example?

@CalvinW

extractedtextVariable.Contains(“Urword”)

This method return true if extrcated text has urword in it, returns true, then part of if condition is executed.

My IF gives me this error

RPA Inventory valuation has thrown an exception

Source: If

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. This error usually occurs when using a variable with no set value (not initialized).

Exception Type: NullReferenceException

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity) at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

This error usually occurs when you declare a variable and didn’t initialize any value for it.

I dont think its a variable with uninitialized value, it was working fine before

@CalvinW can you attach your workflow