How do i solve this Misalignment in a datatable

Hello guys this data table was generated from a text file which used (^) as its separator or delimiter . The datable generated happened to be misaligned because the delimiter was contained in some columns as parts of the column contents. please how do i solve this … any ideas i am stuck

1 Like

Hey @David_Oku,

Could you please post the original source data

Awaiting your response, Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nithinkrishna Hello thank you so much … please find attached SampleFile.txt (81.7 KB)

1 Like

What is your actual separator in this please ?

I can see (^) at some place and (^^), (^^^^^) at few places

@Nithinkrishna the actual separator is ^ , ^^ means the column is empty. now the problem is that this lines with the word “LAGOS”. i.e LAGOS^TRU1||TAJUDYYN OWOLABI OLAYINKA|TR the (^) just after the ‘LAGOS’ is not supposed to be separator. it supposed to be LAGOS TRU1||TAJUDYYN OWOLABI OLAYINKA^ instead. so the table doesn’t become misaligned.
The separator of the text file is ^ . but this character has been used in between text in one of the columns . hence the generate table activity sees it at that position as a separator

1 Like

Okay, Could you please give me entire symbol explanations please, Like which represents what

So that it will easy to provide a solution

Awaiting your response, Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey @David_Oku,

Please find the workaround and hope this helps you.

DTGenerator.zip (55.8 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.