How do I loop through external variables when linking an HTML file for a MailMessage body?

Hello,

I am sending out emails using the MailMessage() function, and I have the body saved as HTML in a .txt file. I would like my automation to loop through the HTML body and wherever it sees a variable indicator, it should populate that space with variables initialized in UiPath from an excel sheet. How should I go about doing this?

What I have tried thus far:

1. “+variableName+”
  2. {0}

Neither of these have worked, and they both just show up in the email as that instead of the correct corresponding variable value.

Thank you,
Ramata

@ramata
welcome to the forum

have a look here as it similar regardless is implemented for WORD:

the main idea is about:

• define a table with Keys and Values:
    grafik

define the template along with the placeholders:

Dear <NAME>,
When we checked your account today we noticed that the following invoice is outstanding: 
Invoice No. <INVNO> of <DATE1>  for  <AMOUNT>. 
Please pay the outstanding amount by <DATE2>.

iterate over the table with keys and values and replace the placeholder by the values
grafik
in your case it is:
strTemplateTextVar.Replace(row("Key").toString,row("Value").toString

Thank you very much for your response! This looks very helpful, I will try it out and let you know if it works.

@ppr Hi Peter, I was wondering, how would I implement this if I already have an excel sheet that a for loop loops through with the predetermined values? So for each iteration of the for loop, the value of, let’s say, strUser, is different each time.

Thank you

@ramata
can be done with an excel providing the different values for a loop and can also transport values for many loops. Similar it is datatable after read range.

Segment the different loops eg by:

• each loop variable set = 1Worksheet in Excel
    OR
  • modify it and each row transports the values for 1 loop
    OR
  • add an additional column (loopgroup) and specify the to which group the value is belonging (e.g. loop1, loop2…)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.