How do I define which browser tab is needed for a particular step" in StudioX

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create automation using StudioX (since I am a beginner) but I am facing some challenges while playing between multiple tabs on google chrome.

So here’s what I am trying to do:

1. Open a website through chrome that accepts input text
  2. Open excel which has the answer across all text fields in each row
  3. Keep the first tab open and open a new tab to enter similar details

The problem arises when I try to use the keyboard shortcut - Ctrl+T to create a new tab and use “Type Into” to enter something in the second tab. However, it automatically takes me back to the old tab on the “Type Into” step.

My question is “How do I define which tab is needed for a particular step” in StudioX?

Hi @hostingtestinghere

Have you tried attach browser

Thanks
Ashwin.S

I am sorry for not providing the complete context:
I’ve tried using “Use Application/Browser” in StudioX which is similar to attach browser however issue is with the continuation of activities.

By that, I mean that I want to keep switching between tab 1 and tab 2 and the application card does not allow switching back to tab 2 once you are in tab 1’s workflow.
Is there a way to do that?

Hi @hostingtestinghere

Is there a difference between two tabs based on title

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hi @hostingtestinghere

Ensure you do element exist and validate the window title based on uiexplorer

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Apologies for late response.
To answer your question - Yes, both the tabs have a different title and I am using StudioX

Hi @hostingtestinghere

Can you please share the screenshot of two tabs

Thanks
Ashwin.S

In the activity that opens the browser, there should be an output property. You can store the window/tab in a variable. Then later reference that variable as the target for Attach Browser.

Hi @hostingtestinghere

Tell u one sequence

1.Use open browser
2.use for each row and type the values in one tab and launch new tab by using Ctrl+n by using send hot key and to switch tabs give Ctrl+ tab and pass the selector accordingly

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Can you create a simple example of interaction with 2 tabs and share xaml file - that’ll really be helpful!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.