How do I automatically run UiPath projects?

Try to hit F5 @Doris

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

4 Likes

Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain it clearly, but what I mean is that UiPath projects can be run automatically without clicking the “run” button or typing in “F5”.It’s what you can do to automate every project.

1 Like

@Doris, You can publish your project to orchestrator and from there you can schedule your robot to run in your desired date or time .

4 Likes

The Orchestrator arrangement is timed so how can an event trigger the Orchestrator event?Or is there any other way to trigger an automatic run of a project?

1 Like

Hi @Doris
Maybe this article might be helpful to you.

4 Likes

You mean by automatically running here @Doris? The thing is, you can run manually or you can call Orchestrator API to run the bots

If you want to run the workflow within a specific application or in between the code, you need to create a bat file or exe file with the workflow and then you need to trigger that using the commands or exe execution

1 Like

@HareeshMR
Yes, I want to call the Orchestrator API to automatically run this UiPath project somewhere else, so how do I use this Orchestrator API?Or do you mean create a bat file or exe file to run UiPath project automatically? Then how to run the bat file or exe file?

1 Like

Here is the post which will help you to understand the process step by step in using orchestrator API @Doris

Coming to running of batch files, you need to place it in a particular folder and within that, you need to place the path of the workflow as well, Then you need to execute a command in the code to run that bat file.

Coming to the executable file, you need to run the exe file using a piece of code. these are complicated things to do. so go for API which is the best way to do your requirement

2 Likes

@pattyricarte
Ok, thank you. I’ll see if it meets my needs first.

2 Likes

@HareeshMR
Ok, thank you. I’ll see if it meets my needs first.

1 Like

@HareeshMR
I want to know, I use the community version, does your Orchestrator cloud API work as well?

Yes ofcourse, The entire process in the post above is for community orchestrator.

URL is : http://platform.uipath.com/

@HareeshMR This method works very well, thank you very much!

1 Like

@HareeshMR
I want to know how to Start a job after invoking the Orchestrator API?

@HareeshMR
I got access_token and id_token from your article 《Steps for authenticating and using Orchestrator cloud API》, but how do I use them and how do I start a job?What was used in the start job API in this article ReleaseKey and RobotIds and so on, where did that come from?I can’t find it.Please help me.

You need to follow the actual steps which are same in the old API reference document, but you need to provide the access token for the request. Coming to the robot ID’s and all, you need to send the requests inorder to get the details for them as well @Doris

Please go through the document, make sure you provide the access token in the authorization field

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v2019/reference#robots-requests

@HareeshMR
Where does the robot id come from?Didn’t I see the place, or with what command get, that the content after this Bearer is the access token that is generated by steps in the Orchestrator cloud API?

1 Like

Hi HareeshMR,

I solved the problem according to your steps and can call the API to run. Thank you very much.But I still have a question, that is, this access token is valid within 24 hours,
is only the community version?Is the enterprise version the same or how long?

The access token will be valid for 60 minutes as far as I know, You have refresh token just to get another access token that can be used for another one hour @Doris

@HareeshMR
Is that true of the corporate version?Or is it just the community version?

1 Like