How do I automate clicking the first available/generic link available?

Hi all,

I am new to UiPath and completely self taught. I am working on a project in which the user inputs a company name which is automatically searched on the companies register. Following this, I need it to automatically click the first link available. I have attempted to do this, but have found issues where there are multiple search outputs generated. I want to know how to make it so that the click activity automatically clicks the first available (most relevant) company name available in all instances. This is because in practice, it is more likely that the full name of the company will be input anyways- meaning one option will show up anyways. Currently, it will not click anything when there are multiple duplicate options.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me :slight_smile:

Hello @si_dm2
Use click activity, and make the dynamic selector with a fixed position. Most probably IDX attribute used to fix the position.

Hi @si_dm2

Check out this tutorial and docs

Regards
Gokul

Hi Gokul, thank you for taking the time to respond!

I had a look at what you said, and tried to implement it whilst referring to the links you provided. I think I am on a newer version of UiPath, or my understanding is too limited to fully get it. So from the search, I indicate the first link as the target and make it dynamic. This does not quite work effectively, unfortunately.

I’m unsure howto find the IDX attribute. Once I find it, where and what do I do with it to make it select a fixed position target? thank you for your help :slight_smile:

@si_dm2 Kindly share your Ui selector after indicating the 1st link.

Here it is!

@si_dm2
Click the ui selector, uncheck the aaname, and find a table row number, if it is found, select it and validate the sector on the left top of the UI selector.