How can we pass a asset value inside argument in normal workflow?

Hi,

I’ve created a normal workflow where I kept launch URL in orchestrator’s Asset. Now I’ve to pass that asset value in argument so that studio can launch that URL. Please let me know what will be the default value of an argument so that bot can launch that URL.

1 Like

Hi

By default argument will be null only
It’s based on what we define

So if you want to pass the url to a bot instead of getting from asset then you need to create a in type argument in the main workflow

Once after creating the argument publish it and install it either in UiPath assistant or orchestrator

Now after installed with latest version, whenever u trigger a bot either from assistant or orchestrator then u will be shown with an option to provide the value for in argument
There u can pass the value u want

Have a view on this for defining in argument for a process

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/about-input-and-output-arguments

Hope this helps
cheers @wimplesaha15

Hi @wimplesaha15

If your using the RE FrameWork…

1.After creating the Assets in orchestrator you can passs that variable name in congi (excelfile)

1. Name value like you will…give…
    What ever you created orchestrator you can pass in value and in name you can pass anything

2. In the arguments you can pass like this

Config(“name”).Tostring

1 Like

1.After creating the Assets in orchestrator you can passs that variable name in congi (excelfile)

Name value like you will…give…
What ever you created orchestrator you can pass in value and in name you can pass anything

In the arguments you can pass like this

Config(“Name”).Tostring

@wimplesaha15

If your using the normal workflow then follow this

1. Take Get Asset activity pass the created asset name and folder path like this and create a variable as your wish

2. Based on scenario if you use invoke code Activity you pass like this

after t this you can use where you want to open the url

1. if not using the invoke code activity can directly convert the get asset out put to argument like this

Hope it will help for you

2 Likes

@wimplesaha15

Welcome to the community

1. Create an asset in orchestrator
  2. Use a get asset activity in your workflow and give the asset name and in the output value field give the argument/variable to which you want to assign the value

If in REF

1. Place the name of asset in the assets sheet of config
  2. Use in_Config("NamegiveninConfigForAsset").ToString will give the value which can be assign to the argument /variable you need

Hope this helps

Cheers

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks, I used the same in my REF workflow and it worked.

1 Like

Sure…It’ll help. Thank you.

@wimplesaha15

Glad it helped.please close the topic if resolved

Cheers