As the title explains I need to run Microsoft Outlook via UiPath as an admin as I want the bot to be able to change the security settings on it (Microsoft keep updating their platform, reverting my settings and making the bots not run properly!).
I do have admin access to the system on this machine, however, it struggles clicking through the process in the typical way.
Alternatively, is there a way I could change the outlook security settings via the bot directly? I nee to alter the ‘Programmatic Access’ setting in options > trust centre to say ‘Never warn me about suspicious activity’ as the bots require this to read emails on the machine.
Thanks for your help.
I realised you can open Outlook as an admin with CRTL+Shift+Click, however, the next popup prevents you from moving forward, so I’m back at square 1!
old topic but still an issue for our team as well.
Has anybody a solution or workaround?
Our IT cannot/won’t support us here…
Thanks for any suggestions!
What about making windows run it as administrator?
Right click - properties - advanced - run as administrator
That’s what we tried, but the robot is not allowed to access admin settings.
I already changed the setting so that this User Account Control pop-up won’t appear, but as soon as I want to click or send hotkeys in admin mode of Outlook, the same notification (Cannot access target application) pops up.
I then ran UiPath as Administrator but then the robot is not connected any more.
So… fail after fail after fail
The user which you have logged in having admin privileges? Also confirm the UiPath also using same user id?
What may be the cause?
The issue is due to that the target application which you are automating needs a higher privilege to interact with it.
How may I overcome this behavior?
You may have a couple of solutions in this case:
- Run the target application in a non-elevated mode or low Integrity level after which the UiPath Robot will be able to identify the application elements.
- Automatically start UiPath Executor as admin (Robot user should have administrator access) suitable configurations should be performed at GPO Level. Check with your IT admin team to perform the changes with your organization’s approval. Be informed that UiPath never recommends starting UiPath as admin, due to security concerns.
UiPath is not recommending the below solution, but you may give it a try. If it is not helping, revert back the modified policies and restart the machine.
Make UiPath Robot interact with the application, running with Admin rights in Unattended mode.
When running the Robot from Orchestrator, UiPath Robot runs without Admin rights and it can only interact with the applications which are running with the same integrity level.
If the target application is running with a higher elevation, the error “Cannot automate the application, as the target application is with elevated mode” is obtained.
In order to automatically start UiPath Executor as admin (Robot user should have administrator access), suitable configurations should be performed at GPO Level. Check with your IT admin team to perform the changes with your organization’s approval. Be informed that UiPath never recommends starting UiPath as admin, due to security concerns.
To run the UiPath service as Admin, make the below changes in policies:
- Run gpedit.msc as Administrator to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Expand Computer Configuration → Windows Settings → Security Settings → Local Policies → Security Options.
- Set “User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode” to Elevate without prompting.
- Set “User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation” to Disabled.
- Set “User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode” to Disabled.
- Set “User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locations” to Disabled
After performing these changes, restart the machine.
After the machine starts, make sure that the UiPath Robot service is Running. If it is not running, Start this service and check if the Robot is connected to Orchestrator in order to run your automation.