How can i do to let the exel file open when the process finish plz?

@Soudios
You can create an Uipath.Excel.WorkbookApplication variable with scope = your top sequence
In Excel Application Scope activity, put that variable into Output: Workbook property
Then excel won’t be closed

doesn’t work with kill process
@Doanh

Please share your xml. Remove any sensitive data first

Leslie - FORUM1.xaml (14.9 KB)

First,

The kill process name needs to be quoted “Excel”

Also, the file path in your Excel Application Scope and then the Start Process Activity are not the same, you appear to have an extra backslash:

the process name is already “Excel” nn ?

I have excalty the same path in my process, i did past and copy. (But its true, in the example i sent its not the same)

The process name is not “Excel”, it has no quotes around it:

Instead it should be:

can you send me a picture plz ?

doesn’t work my friend, i change as you said

what error is returned?

startprocess can’t find the file
@ronanpeter

then the file doesn’t exist. troubleshoot it by supplying a file name that does.

its not possible, because when i delete the activiy startprocess everything works well

comment out everything, except start process. then test just that activity by supplying a random file path for a file on your system. just to be absolutely certain that there is a bug with StartProcess, as this is essentially what you are saying.

same problem with “txt” file

When i open start process, i can only choose “.exe” application
@ronanpeter

So you can’t open any file using the example workflow I provided?

yes its the same

what is the error? show me a screenshot

Sorry , i’m working in security environment so i cannot upload the file/image.
Just open you Excel Application Scope > view its property, then create a variable to set to Output: Workbook property.
This variable will be a Excel session variable and it remains base on the Scope of variable, so excel won’t be closed after Excel Application Scope finish

2 Likes

Thank you buddy !