How can I custom sorting of one sheet's single column values by other sheet's column value?

Hello, I want to lookup attached “Extract Data” by attached “Sort Value”. I want to get all rows’ values after lookup “Extract Data” by “Sort value”. Could you anyone please help? It’s one kind of manual sorting/filtering in excel.
for your better understanding, I attached my expected output result in “Output Data” file.

Extract Data.xlsx (11.2 KB)
Sort Value.xlsx (8.8 KB)Output Data.xlsx (10.5 KB)

Hi,

It seems ExtractData.xlsx and Sort Values.xlsx both are already sorted ascend.
Do you want to filter ExtractData.xlsx?

Or can you share your expected output?

Regards,

I think, i can’t explain you properly about my problem statement. I am not actually sorting, I want to lookup “Export data” by “Sort value” & want to get only “Sort Values” information in “Export data”. Since “Sort value” only contains SL No. it’s kind of manual sorting/filtering. for your convenience, i am attaching my expected output file.
Output Data.xlsx (10.5 KB)

Hi,

Can you try the following sample?

Sample20210811-4.zip (17.7 KB)

Regards,

1 Like

Many thanks for your help!! It works. Though I don’t have any idea about the “Values” part of Assign activity.

could you please explain about the values of assign activity? is it a VB function, specially “Enumerable” one?
Can I use lookup activity here to get same kind of result?

1 Like

Hi,

could you please explain about the values of assign activity? is it a VB function, specially “Enumerable” one?

It’s LINQ expression of VB.net. AsEnumerable method returns IEnumerable<DataRow> and has it enable to use LINQ. “Where” method works like filter. It filters out row which do not match the condition: each item in Column “SL No” of dt1 exists in Column “SL No” of dt2.

The following topic might also help you.

Can I use lookup activity here to get same kind of result?

In this case, probably we can achieve it using LookUp DataTable Activity and loop.

Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.