Hover and Select menu?

Hi Team,

I have some doubt in select the sub menu by hovering the activity.
https://stockaxis.com/ in this link i need to hover the My StockAxis and select the My Portfolio

I am trying with Hover activity , select Item activity and Find Children activity but not able to get the correct solution yet.
Can someone help me to achieve this if anyone working,please attach the workflow file with this.

Thanks in Advance
(Jothyprasanth M)

Hola,

Does the Hover activity work for you to bring up the sub-menu?
You should be able to use that followed by Click Element or Click Text.

If the Hover isn’t working please attach an example of the activities you are working with to achieve the hover and click.

Thanks.

2 Likes

HI @ClaytonM
I need to know how to handle this :

When I click Export Button the below dialogue box appears:

in that, I need to click save arrow icon and then I that list I Need to click the SaveAs menu how it is possible to do?

what activity we can use
Can you help me
Thanks
Ravi.D

Hi there.

Here is a snip-it of performing the Save As notification bar that I believe was working.
It’s just a few element clicks.

Selector for the Save Drop Down should include the below:

<wnd aaname='Notification' cls='DirectUIHWND' />
<ctrl automationid='IENotificationBar' />
<ctrl name='Save' role='split button' />
<ctrl role='drop down button' />

Selector for Save As should look like this:

<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='*' />
<ctrl name='Context' role='popup menu' />
<ctrl automationid='53409' />

You can also replace the drop down selector with an element variable if you were to use some kind of Retry scope with a Find Element to ensure that the download is performed successfully.

Hopefully this helps you.

Regards.

3 Likes

Hey, what @ClaytonM said works just fine. I tested it.

Hi @ClaytonM
Great Help and It’s Work Fine too.
But,

Very First Line like <wnd app =iexplore.exe cls -‘*’> why this line and Rest of that two lines how we are getting too !!
How did you get this Can you able to explain me ?
Thanks
Ravi.D

1 Like

I used a full selector meaning the first line is the application. the * was used instead of the website path or title cause the site could potentially change and I didn’t want future issues.

If you are using these Clicks in a scope (like Attach Window or Browser), you will not see that first line cause it is included in the scope (in other words it will use a partial selector). However, there are sometimes some issues with partial selectors when used on various machines. So in this case, I used a full selector, but most of the time you will want to use a partial selector (which does not include the first line with the app name).

I hope this explanation is clear.

Thanks.

OK. Thanks For your Idea

But is the solution for original question? I’m facing a similar scenario while working with BMC remedy…