High-Density Robots: implication on license

For High-Density Robots, what is the implication on license?

If there are five Robots running on one virtual machine at the same time, each robot having the same key but different username, is it still only one license being consumed?

Thank you very much!

Hi @MatthewCYLau

If you have 5 users on your server, you need to provision 5 robots in Orchestrator(as you mentioned, same key, same Machine name, different Username).

In Orchestrator SettingsLicense tab you can see the number of robots of each type that are available for your tenant. So, 5 robots will be “consumed” based on the type you chose for each of them.

Hi Ovi,

Is it possible to have high density robots in https://demo.uipath.com using the two development robot license provided.

Hi @TharmaKS ,

Yes, it is possible. When you provision a robot, you have in that modal a checkbox “Create another”.
If you check it you will have the same key and the same machine. You will have to change only the Username and password.

Another way would be, if you already have a robot provisioned, go to More actions and click Duplicate and it will add another robot with the same key and the same Machine name.

Please note that the two Robots(same key, same machine name, different usernames) have to be on a Windows server machine in order to run in the same time.

And here is the documentation on how to set up the server:

So I can conclude that 5 robot license will be required? 5license cost 5VMs in cloud. which one will cost more for me.?

Thank you

Hi Ovi,

I have 3 unattended robot-Node locked and 3 Development-Concurrent licenses.

I have configured all high density robots’ and server settings.
However, I can not start a process(or different process) in multiple unattended robots from orchestrator at same time when robots types is “Unattended”. One of them is running and others are pending status.

On the other hand, I can start all robots in multiple robots at same time when I change robot types to “Development”.

Is unattended robots’ license type must be Concurrent to be able to use high-density robot feature?

Thanks,

Hi @fatihs

Could you go to your License page in Orchestrator and see how many runtimes are available for your unattended robots?

It would also help to know which version of Orchestrator/Studio are you using.

Hi Maciej,

In Orch. Licence page, I see only 1 / 3 Unattended robot although having 3 robots as high-density.

We are using both robots and Orchestrator 2018.4.1.

1 Like

Hi Fatih,

If the License page says 1/3 Unattended that means you have only one Robot connected to Orchestrator. Please make sure all 3 are connected. (you provision the Robot with same machine and different domain\username). After this, License page should show 3/3 Unattended.

I would recommend you to also open a ticket to support: Contact Licensing Queries & Activations. Please mention there your license key and my colleagues will investigate what happens from a license perspective.

Here you can find more information about high-density Robots: Robots

3 Likes

The all robots are connected to orchestrator. with same machine and different username (local windows account)
I can start these robots at same time if I change robot types to “Development” from Unattended in Orchestrator.

But you said the license page shows 1/3 Unattended. If all 3 were to be connected then it should show 3/3 Unattended.

You can see that all robots are connected and available.

And also, one of them is running and others pending.

In this status, licence tab shows only one robot lincenced, others are unlicenced at same time.

Click “see more” in Unattended and change the runtimes parameter for the machine. The HD setting is deprecated.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ve solved the problem as described.

Solution:
Go to Licences->Unattended Robots-See More-> Edit Runtimes-> Set Runtime Value of HD Machine.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.