Hi team I'm connecting the Mobile Device but getting session timeout

Hi team,
I’m trying to connecting the Mobile Device in Sauce labs but I’m getting issue like these Session Time out

Error -Mobile Device Connection: StartSession timed out

Please help me on that

Regards
Saikrishna

What is reported in the Sauce Labs UI? You can find your runs in the Automated section, under Test Results.

When you click a test you should see each command with the duration of the command.

Things to try:

• You can try increasing newCommandTimeout (pass it as a capability) to more than 300 seconds (not sure if this does anything because it seems that the internal web client is timing out)
  • Is platform version 16.* required? If not, you can also try with platform version 15! (I encountered some issues with 16, but it worked fine on 15)

Hi @phaserescu ,

need Platform version 16 and above up to plat form version 15 is working. I need platform version 16 and above I have tried these newCommandTimeout capability also but getting same issue

can you please expand one of the errors, to see what is the error saucelabs is reporting?

another thing, do you get the timeout in MDM? or is this happening if you run a workflow from Studio with MDM closed (just a simple workflow with an empty connection)?

Hi @phaserescu ,

please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards,
Saikrishna

Hi Saikrishna,

I think you encountered a bug in MobileAutomation activities. When MDM is opened there is a timeout of 2 minutes, when starting the session, on the communication bridge between Studio and MDM. This is a bug because the timeouts on the actual calls to Appium are greater I believe and this should be configurable IMO and the default should be bigger.

What you can do?

If you want to work with MDM, then try starting the device from MDM (don’t run the workflow from Studio at this point). If this times out (it shouldn’t because the communication bridge shouldn’t be used), please give me the stack trace or error you get. If it doesn’t then if you leave the connection opened in MDM, that connection will be reused, when running workflows from Studio with MDM opened (but on the same device configuration that is started in MDM).

If you just want to test the workflow, without MDM (you can see the movie of the session in Sauce Labs after), then just run the workflow with MDM closed (in this way the communication bridge will not be used and the timeout shouldn’t be encountered).

I’ll report the bug to the team, but I’m not sure on when it’ll be fixed!

Please let me know how it goes,
Cristian

Hi @phaserescu ,

please inform once that bug fixed.

Regards
Saikrishna

Hi Saikrishna,

I’m happy to inform you that UiPath.MobileAutomation.Activities, version 23.10.3 was released and it contains the fix for your issue. The session creation timeout was increased to 5 minutes and in case that isn’t enough, this is configurable.

Kind regards,
Cristian

Hi @phaserescu ,

I will try my end and let you know.

Regards
Saikrishna

Hi @phaserescu ,

Again Same issue.

please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

please let me know any changes required my end.

Regards,
Saikrishna

I checked and it seems that the fix wasn’t pulled into this release. I’m sorry for my hurry! :pensive: I just thought that being that the fix exists it’ll be in the next release but I guess it needs more testing.

Hi @phaserescu ,

please let me know if that issue may be fixed.

Regards,
Saikrishna

Hi @phaserescu ,

I’m getting another issue using browserstack.

getting error -request resource could not be found .

please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

Please help me on that.

Regards,
Saikrishna