Help with Invoke Code activity

I have a Invoke code activity which I am using to insert an approver flow in the mail body. PFB my code piece:
Dim rowCount As Integer = in_approverflow.Rows.Count
out_emailBody = “

Approvers

Dim strApproverName As String = “”
Dim strStatus As String = “”
Dim strDate As String = “”

For i As Integer = 0 To rowCount - 1
If i = 0
strApproverName += “

strStatus += “”
strDate += “”
Else
strApproverName += “”
strStatus += “”
strDate += “”
End If
Next
out_emailBody += strApproverName + strStatus + strDate
out_emailBody += “
” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(0).ToString + “ ” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(1).ToString + “ ” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(2).ToString + “ ” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(0).ToString + “ ” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(1).ToString + “ ” + in_approverflow.Rows(i)(2).ToString + “

OUTPUT:

In the above code you will see a variable strStatus. The value of status can be Approved, Pending or Initiated. Basis the status value I would need to put across images. Now the declaration and usage of these image variable is something with which I am stuck. These image variables has to be put across using an if else clause which will have to display the images respectively. There should be an image arrow in between the approvers which should be center aligned. I have attached the images to be used for reference.
It should look something like the below image. My code would need some enhancement which I am unable to achieve and needed help with the same.

approved arrow initiated pending