Help with Continuous download from the same webpage

uipath

Hi,
I have actually searched the entire blog to download hyperlinks from a website.
All are literally saying about children and Ancestor and also about the looping.
But could someone actually explain it to me with the work flow, cause I am a bit new in RPA

This is the site: https://arxiv.org/list/stat.ML/pastweek?show=188 4
Here I want to download all the PDF’s in the webpage.

Could someone actually help with the situation ?

Try to use web recording and record the sequence of downloading. Or you can create a sequence with clicks and open browser activity which will download your files

I have actually carried that out but how do i actually iterate throuh all the pdf’s in the webpage and download each and every one of them ?.. If i record only One file is getting downloaded all the time

Do one thing use data scrapping that will scrape the whole hyperlinks of PDF for you. Then loop it that scrapped data in for each and download each file

That sounds like a good idea but can u explain it with a work flow…a simple one just for me to understand the concepts…I am actually new to this RPA uipath

Use this to scrape data -

this will give you a datatable containing hyperlinks for PDF, then you can try for each loop on that table to perform click/open those hyperlinks

Thanks a ton brother let me try it…

Scraping it using DataTable is a good idea.

I tried to implement it using Find Children activity.

DownloadPDFFromPage.xaml (11.4 KB)

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Pdf extraction from A URL

Its showing this error -
DownloadPDFFromPage has thrown an exception

Source: Type into ‘ToolbarWindow32’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

It actually opened the browser clicked on the first pdf but it doesnt come and click the save button

Just remove the ‘Type Into’ activity from that workflow and try.

that last procedure has some problem i think,its not coming and clicking onto the save button in the dialogue box…shall i make a recording of clicking that save button, will that work ?

Hhmm… It works perfectly for me. So basically you can follow the approach that i used and try to implement it.

Thanks so much for the help :slight_smile:

This is also a good idea because in this particular scenario all the elements are on same page

@Rammohan91 Thanks so much for the help :slight_smile: