Help with connecting Orchestrator, adding Robots - community license

I am using the latest version of UiPath Studio, Assistant and Orchestrator. I am following a Udemy course which is over a year old so nothing matches up and it’s hard to follow. I was able to figure most of it out, until I got to the stage of trying to create Robots and Environments in Orchestrator.

My UiPath Assistant automatically connected to my instance of Orchestrator. However my laptop/robot is located in Tenant > Robots unlike the tutorial where it shows under Default > Robots. So I am unable to add the robot into the Environment I created, because it does not find the robot in the list and if I try to manually add my machine to the Robots section of Default, I get a message:

“No more Development robots available. Please update your license! (#1900)”

Presumably because I am using the community license. However I can only see 1 robot in the Tenant > Robot section, and I thought the license included 2:

image1

I don’t know if my robot is in the wrong section or not. I am unable to delete the one that automatically generated in this section:
image2

Any video tutorial I watch or document I read online for connecting your machine to Orchestrator doesn’t match up with what I have. My Assistant connected automatically. And in the Preferences > Orchestrator Settings of the Assistant, I don’t have a “Machine Name” section. See my screen below:
image3

So I can’t even follow the manual set up if this isn’t correctly connected.

I wasn’t sure if this is how it’s supposed to be with the community license but I can’t find any help on this or related issues. So I even tried to publish a process just to see what happens. In Studio it said it was successful - but nothing is showing in my Packages section. And in Assistant it’s showing as “Awaiting install”:
image4

Can anyone please assist with this and tell me how to correctly configure this? Thank you!

Now I can’t even post this with the images because I am a new user :cry:
Hopefully I can attach in the comments… Or maybe someone can understand without the pictures.

1 Like

image1

1 Like

image2

1 Like

image3

1 Like

image4

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the community!
Sorry you didnt get a reply fast enough. Indeed, the Community Edition is always bringing new stuff, so a course from non official academy will get old very fast. Here is what you should follow now: UiPath Academy And search for orchestrator.

Hi @bcorrea - thanks for replying. Can you tell me which specific course in the Academy might help with the above? I’ve searched for Orchestrator and there doesn’t seem to be a specific one for it apart from one for the updated features in 20.4. Is this the one you are referring to? Or a more general course?

Maybe this one: Get Started with UiPath Robots

I finally figured this out! Pretty simple now that I realised what the issue was. In my Orchestrator configuration settings in UiPath Assistant, the connection type was automatically set to Service URL and I didn’t know how to change this to match the Connection Type of any tutorial I was watching which was the Machine Key Connection Type. I didn’t realise that I had to click Sign out on the Orchestrator Configuration screen so that I could change the Connection Type so that then I could manually enter the Machine Name, Orchestrator URL and Machine Key.

The below docs helped me figure this out:
Connecting Robots to Orchestrator (the manual set up of this is what I needed to fix)

Interactive Sign In (this was how mine was automatically set up and was not working)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.