Help to create my workflow or sequence not sure

Hi,
What I wish to do is create a scraper for multiple portals to which I have purchased access. Goal is to download latest invoices. So my workflow would be

1. Set up a google sheet with url, id and password
  2. The robot will go to url, type id and password login
  3. Check if there is the latest bill this month
  4. If the bill exists send the invoice to a specified email.

Now my question is

1. Should I setup the 10 robots if I have to scrap 10 portal or will one robot do the same job
  2. i am not able to add password and login to the portal?

what I have done is,

1. I have created open browser with URL,
  2. type input id ,
  3. click mouse on password - I used Type Secure Text - I am getting error here that this password in not declared
  4. Click on login - not sure how this work?
    Please help
    Thanks
    Satish

Hi Satish,

The easiest way to do that is by using the Web Recorder. The recorder will generate a skeleton for your automation project that you can edit later to include additional steps or variables.
I recommend you to register in UiPath Academy and take the Level 1 Foundation Training revamped (free of charge). This way you will learn how to use the UiPath Studio, the recording functionality (in lesson 4) and different activities.

To answer to your questions:

1. You should have at least 10 different workflows (xaml files), one for each portal to scrape. Then, if you include all in the same project or in different projects depends on how you want to execute the scraping. Do you always scrape from all 10 portals?

2. Use the Get Password activity to get a SecureString that you can use for Type Secure Text. The Get Password activity will encrypt the text under current user, so you won’t be able to run the workflow on another machine or user.

3. Click on login - not sure how this work? A: Use a Click activity.

Best regards
Silviu

Hi Silviu,
Thanks for the real quick response :slight_smile:

Now to answer your questions

1. You should have at least 10 different workflows (xaml files), one for each portal to scrape. Then, if you include all in the same project or in different projects depends on how you want to execute the scraping. Do you always scrape from all 10 portals?

-Yes we scrape regularly. We may need to do this as per schedule, not sure how to do that? Do I need orchestrator for this or can I also do it on CE?
Also the scraping should download the latest invoice and email it? I did a recording of logging into the portal, downloading the file. But how to automate the sending the latest invoice to the email? Any way to add conditions?

Thanks
Regards
Satish

may be your password is in String format and you’re using type secure Text. This will not work.

Hi Vikas,
Now I am able to work with password by using Get Password and Type into elements.

The goal what I am trying to achive is

1. Login to bill portal - Setting up by recording
  2. Scraping (downloading ) of bills - through scrapper

I have even tried a workflow

1. Open Browser = Set Url
  2. Type into - select Browser UI type into - email
  3. Type into - select Browser UI type into - password
    Works so far on running the workflow, I am able to login to the portal

Now I need to download the bills one by one listed and email it to my email id. How to do that? I tried scrapper but I think it can only extract data but not download. Looks like I am really stuck here. Any help please. Thanks

Regards
Satish

You can download the bills by click activities (right click, click on ‘save as’). then you need to provide the bills as attachment for the send mail activity (SMTP, Outlook etc) depending on your access. Google setting are as below

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS or SSL
smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 or 587
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes
Use same settings as incoming mail server

Yes, you need Orchestrator to define a schedule when to run a job, but you can use CE at https://platform.uipath.com as long as you confirm the terms and conditions.

Hi Vikas,
Thanks for amazing quick response. The I am able to download using the recorder, but not by scrapper. If it is by scrapper, I thought I would be able to extract bill related information from the so that If the bill is not the latest bill, we shall not download the bill.
Any thoughts around getting this logic would be great, Thank

-Satish

Well you can -

1. DOwnload the bill first, then
  2. Read the bill info.
  3. Decide if the bill needs to be emailed,
  4. Delete the bill if it’s not the latest.

You cannot download using screen scraping.