Help Reading data in ReFramework

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to learn ReFramework and however i got little success to understand it :slight_smile:
My question is i need to fetch rows from data table in gettransactiondata.xaml and i will be reading excel in initAllSettings but dont know how to pass datatable of initAll settings to Gettransactiondata file to read further rows from it.
I dont want to read excel file in GetTransactiondata file.
Please Help

Thanks
Gaurav

Read the documentation, it really helps

REFramework Documentation

You read the Excel File in Init State und save your datatable as Argument and then pass to GetTransactionData state through an Argument.

Hi

this can be done with ARGUMENTS of OUT direction
where create that argument in initAll settings xaml with OUT Direction and assign that to a global variable of type datatable or array of datarow.
–then that variable can be used in the GetTransactionData xaml with a IN direction argument where pass this global variable as input

but may i know why so

because that is the usual process and a easy way to handle the data while transactions take place

Cheers @gaurav_rpa

Thanks @Palaniyappan,
Can you please explain with example please ?

Thanks
Gaurav Bhargava

Thanks @Robott,
Will definitely look into the document.
But struggling to send Datatable Arguement.

Thanks

here you go

Cheers @gaurav_rpa

Thanks @Palaniyappan,
I already looked into this and in this also reading data from excel is in GetTransaction Data file and that is really awesome.
I can read excel data in initAll setting file but dont know how to pass that datatable dt to GetTransaction file.

A small example will help me.

Thanks

1 Like

Usually initallsettings xaml main purpose is to initiate all the application involved in the process…and we wont be taking the data for processing in that state…
only in GET TRANSACTION DATA State we will be getting the data for processing
may i know why we want to get the data from InitAllSetting xaml itself

Cheers @gaurav_rpa

Thanks @Palaniyappan,
I got your point.
So if i look into the zipfolder provided by you it says that using Read Range in_Config(“InputList”).ToString in Get transaction data so my question is it still reading data multiple times from excel till the data end.
Sorry if i am asking silly question just to clear my doubt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yah of course it read till all the data that all the rows and it’s specific column values are processed
And it goes one by one in sequence between those two states

Cheers @gaurav_rpa

Thanks @Palaniyappan,

You cleared my doubt and i will refer to the folder provided by you for reference.
Most likely will be following same approach followed in that folder.
:slight_smile: Thanks Again.

Regards
Gaurav

1 Like

Cheers
@gaurav_rpa

Thanks
Marking it resolved :slight_smile:

Cheers @Palaniyappan

@Palaniyappan,

Thanks my doubts are cleared and hence closing this discussion.

Thanks
Gaurav

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.