Help getting variables out of "config"

Hello, I am working with the Walkthrough - UiDemo and i have had some problems working with the “in_config(“var”)” variables. whenever i try to use any of them (like “in_Config(“UIDemoPath”).ToString”) i get the following error:

I hadn’t changed anything from the arguments on the REFramework. Also, even though my config file looks like this:

I get the following output on the InitAllSettings .

Am I missing something or is there any further step needed in order to read the config file?

Thank you very much for your time, patience and comments.

That just means that UiDemoPath is empty or null. So check where that variable or argument is set and make sure that you are importing/exporting the variable correctly in each workflow that’s being invokedSo if it’s going IN to the file you are invoking, make sure it says “In” and then pass the value. If you are Exporting it OUT of a file you are invoking, make sure it says Out, and then pass it to a variable or argument. Double check all that stuff… I believe this is what you are referring to, let me know if you are talking about something else.

Thank you! I checked the names and values of the variables and arguments and the direction of them as suggested. It helped me to fix the InitAllSettings but now i get the following error in the output:

The assign function is part of my procces flowchart, it looks like this:

the assign function has CashIn = in_TransactionItem.ToString while “CashIn” a local string variable, and “in_TransactionItem.ToString” is a QueueItem (as a string due to the .Tostring)

Any clue on what is causing this will be very appreciated.

@Gabriel_T You might be missing arguments assignment during invoke workflow file activity. check it once.

2 Likes

@Manjuts90 You were right! Thanks! I hadn’t assigned a value to the Invoked argument.

Now i have another problem, this time I get an “Input Data Invalid” message.

that means that the condition “Double.TryParse(CashIn.ToString, dbl_CashIn) And Double.TryParse(OnUsCheck.ToString, dbl_OnUsCheck) And
Double.TryParse(NotOnUsCheck.ToString, dbl_NotOnUsCheck)
” is false, but it cant be as the information provided for the excercise are just numbers.

I think I may not be assigning the value from the “queue item” correctly to my local variables. Here I attach my “Assign” sequence and the properties of the first assign activity.

Any comments on the matter would be very helpful. Thank you very much!

Also, I put “write Line” activities to see the value of the local value and the queue item and all i get is “UiPath.Core.QueueItem”. I don’t know if this helps but i thought it may be useful.

Thanks!

@Gabriel_T Try like below

in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).ToString

Where CashIn is label in orchestrator check it once in add transaction activity or Orchestrator

1 Like

@Manjuts90 It worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Here I post how it looks at the end in hopes it helps someone like me in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I will mark your first comment:

as the answer because it is the one that solved the problem in the title. Thank You!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.