[Help Beginner] Screen Scrapping doesn't work properly

Hello,

I have the following problem: When I use Screen Scrapping or Data Scrapping, the data is correctly saved but apparently each time there is something that changes on the selection it ends up creating an error.

How can I make UiPath select the region where the dynamic text should be, instead of the text iteself ?

Thank you

Hi @Telemedium,

Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to do. Screen scraping and Data scraping do not accomplish the same goal. Also are your selectors dynamic? What is the error that is thrown when the selection is changed?

Regards, Zev

1 Like

I agree with @zspilman, please provide more information, are you scraping data from a desktop application or ?, help us understand what you are doing and how you are doing it, also what is the goal you are trying to archive, and if possible please provide screenshot of the error you are getting or copy and paste the error.

1 Like

I am trying to use the information from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions/antimalware-definition-release-notes

You have the antivirus version than changes daily. When I do screen scrapping it works normally, however when the version changes, UiPath create an error saying it cannot find the ui element.

I just want it to select the area where it appears, so it captures the changing information

You need to make your selector more dynamic. Try substituting the part of your selector that has the version number with a wildcard (*) character.

Regards,

Zev