Hello Everyone, I wanted to copy a project

I want to copy a project in another PC. What are the files, that I will need to “build” this in my PC and run it?

1 Like

@vaso

If projects are saved under Documents\UiPath folder then Navigate it to Documents\UiPath and copy the entire project folder from old PC and paste into new PC. And also if you are using any local files related to that process then you need to maintain the same folder structure in new PC too.

Other way is if you are using Orchestrator and both PC connected to that Orchestrator then you install that package directly into new PC from Orchestrator itself.

1 Like

HI @vaso

Zip your whole project file and move to the another PC

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Hi

Hope the below steps would help you resolve this

1. First to start in a very simple way
    Let us just get the .nuget file of the process and send it to the PC you want through email

Ok now how to get the project files from the nuget
It’s very simple
Right click that file and select rename and just remove the .nuget file extension and replace it with .zip
This will get converted to zip file and press ok button
Now as usual to extract a zip file right click that file and click extract all

1. But it is not about the nuget file alone

Sometimes the process will fetch some input from a different and relative to that you would have mentioned some folder path in your config file

So we need to ensure that it is also carried forward to the new machine

First create a similar folder structure in your new machine and copy that folder or file oath and update that in your config file
So that when bot reads that config it will look for the new filepath as in your new pc

1. Apart from project and input file or folder we need to ensure that the application involved in the process are installed in your new pc

If these are ensured as available then we can run the bot in your new pc

Cheers @vaso

1 Like

@vaso

If the project is build on sequence / process then check below

If created with Re-Framework

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.