Have an error on activity “Create folder” Absolute paths not recommended

Hi,

I create a folder on this activity as per File and Folder Automation in action but I have encountered this issue.

How do I resolve this as it is not extracting the files.

@kimberly.lin

It is not an error it is a warning

As you have given an hardcoded path…

If you give a variable or relative path the warning shpuld be gone

Cheers

@kimberly.lin
Check this thread.

Please advise how to give a variable or relative path as this is the only warning I have received that makes me unable to extract the files to a new folders.

Thank you!

@kimberly.lin

I believe the renamed files folder is under you project

if so use Path.Combine(Environment.CurrentDirectory,"Renamed Files")

cheers

Please advise where to include the below

Path.Combine(Environment.CurrentDirectory,“Renamed Files”)

Thank you!

@kimberly.lin

In the folder name field remove whatever you have and use the above formula

Cheers

It doesn’t seem like the file is extracting the files to the Renamed Folders.

Please kindly advise.

project.json (1.5 KB)

@kimberly.lin

You need to attach your project not only the project.json to check…

and create folder will create a folder…your mistake might be else where …mostly in part where you are extracting…please explain the process and sshow some screenshots of what you are trying

cheers

Sorry! I will screenshot instead. I am working on the practice from UiPath Academy - [File and Folder Automation in StudioX]

Thank you!

@kimberly.lin

It is not fully visible

but can you please include log message inside your for loop and see if it is entering the loop at all…looks like it is not entering the loop only

the value provided for folder might be wrong

cheers

I have followed the video as per UiPath Academy to learn about process of renaming the folders.

@kimberly.lin

in the loop in folder should be ExtractedFolder.FullName instead of ExtractedFolder.Name

cheers

Hi,

I have amended to ExtractedFolder.FullName as per below but the invoices is still not in the Renamed Folder

@kimberly.lin

Please use a log message inside for loop and also use debug panel to perform step into and check where it is going wrong

Cheers

Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.