Handling Document Understanding with Varying Layouts

Hello UiPath community,

I’m currently working on a project involving document understanding in UiPath Studio, and I’m facing challenges with documents that have varying layouts. How can I configure Document Understanding to handle documents with different structures and layouts effectively? Are there any best practices or activities within UiPath Studio that can help address this issue?

Hi @Sai_Sandeep1 ,

Handling documents with varying layouts in UiPath Document Understanding requires a thoughtful approach:

1. Use Flexible Extraction Techniques: Leverage the flexibility of the “IntelligentOCR” activities, such as the “FlexiCapture” extractor, which can adapt to varying document layouts.
FlexiCapture Extractor
{
   Input: Document
   Output: Extracted Data
}
  1. Fine-Tune with Validation Station: Implement the “Present Validation Station” activity to fine-tune data extraction interactively. This allows you to handle variations in document layouts that might not be covered by automated extraction.
Present Validation Station
{
   Input: Document
   Output: Validated Data
}
  1. Train Extractor for Variability: Use the “Train Extractor” activity to continuously train the Document Understanding model with diverse samples, covering different document layouts.
Train Extractor
{
   Input: Sample Documents with Varying Layouts
   Output: Trained Model
}
  1. Dynamic Handling with Conditions: Implement conditional logic in your workflow to dynamically handle data extraction based on the detected layout of the document.

Happy Automation !

1 Like

Hi @Sai_Sandeep1

Check the below docs

Refer the video

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.