Gsuite download

I have created a service account tu use with gsuite
gsuiteApplicationScope : I use serviceAccountKey to connect to google
I have shared files from my Google drive to this service account
find files and folder : retrieve shared files is OK and i can retrieve the id of the file
when i try to download the file with the previous id : the download is ko and the error message is : : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
any idea

thanks for your help
Regards

Make sure the objects are intialized. You are missing to assign the object in your project.

This is a generic error happens when one of the objects are not intialized and used in the project.

Hi
I have checked the 2 parameters of the activity download file
file id : it contains the id of the file (and the id is known in GoogleDrive)
local folder : “c:/temp”
error trace :
UiPath.Ipc.RemoteException wrapping System.NullReferenceException à GoogleDrive.Activities.GoogleDriveInteropActivity1.Execute(NativeActivityContext context) à System.Activities.NativeActivity1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
à System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
à System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

all is now OK I used googledrive download instead of gsuite download
thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @glipka, can you share file? I am working on same scenario. trying to download the file which is present is google drive. Could you let me know what did u passed in download file properties. I have given google shit id as string in fildId and in LocalPath i have given the string where to download the file. It say 's “Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
File not found”

Hello
I encountered the same problem, I had to change the authorization level of the profile that connects to the drive (it went from content manager to administrator). Don’t forget to check the supportTeamDrive option if the files are hosted on a shared drive

Best Regards