GetTransactionData Faulted JSON error L3 A1

My procedure runs and steps through cleanly for the first transaction number until it returns back to the calling procedure for GetTransactionData. I don’t have a clear understanding why. Below is screenshot and data from double clicking on the info. Please help. I’ve included my project.L3 A1.zip (2.1 MB)

I get this message

“Error getting transaction data for Transaction Number: 1. Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {“name”:“value”}) into type ‘System.Data.DataRow’ because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.\r\nTo fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object.\r\nPath ‘RowError’. at Source: Newtonsoft.Json”

Recommendations for your Workflow:
Remove system_close after the execution of initiate workflow
Remove Initiate applications after the execution of Wilist elements.

The invoke workflow error is encountered as You have not used TransactionId as value for the argument extracted in the transaction workflow.

Thanks you for that great catch. I had a fundamental problem that when I corrected caused new errors. I did a number of newbie mistakes that were small but completely stopped me in my tracks for a week. It seems from day to day I would wake up and decide to use datarows then datarow arrays, etc. Im not a .NET programmer so I don’t have an eye to catch what to me is nuance but is obvious to others = 1 week delays.

Even I am not from .Net background but all you need is serious dedication for the academy training material.
You can certainly come out with flying colors!!

1 Like

I’ve been dedicated but those estimated hrs are the “happy path” I’ve realized. A simple error can be days to solve without assistance. Something in a classroom environment where it would be a two minute ordeal. I spent 4 days trying to figure out a JSON deserialization error was the datatype mismatch I mentioned above. I didn’t notice it was datarow array. To an inexperienced you don’t know where to start but to an experienced person (include me now!) would look for a datatype mismatch if you aren’t using the JSON activity. The training I went through quickly and what’s there is good in my humble opinion but what isn’t there is problematic. They need a good hour on common problems, errors and resolution and possible primer on datables, lists included in UIPath. Unfortunately the Dec 31st deadline is coming up and I wish I could have been working on part two of L3 in parallel. I probably would have made it.

I am getting the same error. Can you please elaborate what do you mean by th below statement? A screenshot will be helpful.

The invoke workflow error is encountered as You have not used TransactionId as value for the argument extracted in the transaction workflow.