Getting Value from a Webpage, where the Location Changes

There is a Webpage/Portal where the amount of certain Commodity keeps on changing.Thus the Value “Total” keeps on changing. The value “Total” is of interest here. I can extract this value from the webpage, provided the location is fixed. But here the location of this value “Total” keeps on changing. Please Suggest some way out.

1 Like

May be you can make the selector dynamic and also try to indicate the anchor (label: total) together with you current selection.

Image 1 and 2 are of the same commodity at different time interval.
Another way to define this problem would be to get the values of no. of rows ?
Now One row can have indefinite no. of division , which are not considered in giving the value total. Only the major rows contribute to the value “Total”.

Done that , but failed.

HI @Aditya_Bhalerao

Buddy you can either you scrape relative to get this done …we have an option called scrape relative in the design menu, with which we can select the relative region and the text region which we want to get actually
But my kind suggestion even the uipath suggests us to go for anchor base in these kind of situation, the reason is
Buddy anchor base would work for sure buddy, the thing we need to keep in mind is the anchor selector that we choose…that is the selector with index value id must be removed the reason is for the first image id would be like 24 while for the second the id would be 64…so even though if you have included wildcard in the other attributes we would have missed it. so if the selector is tweaked a bit this can be easily resolved with anchor base buddy…

May i see the selector of that element or even the url if its webpage if possible

Cheers…!

The anchor should work if you make some changes in selector.

Okay, Let it give it a try and Get back to you .

Okaay, Let it give it a try and Get back to you .

Correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere while defining the Selector

Buddy @Aditya_Bhalerao kindly remove the idx , css-selector and tablecol and tablerow, Try to include aaname and make that as the target element that is the last attribute of the selector buddy…You can check with what is the target element at the left bottom of the uiexplorer.Can i have the full uiexplorer screen that could help us to see the attributes

CHEERS

yah include that aaname buddy

Can You show that using an example ?

@Aditya_Bhalerao
Simple buddy if you see the left bottom end A term called Target element is mentioned,there its now mentioned as tag = td…but we need aaname = TOTAL because that is what we want to make as anchor, so select that aaname by just clicking the check box and that would appear as the target element thus as the last element
And remove the table column by again clicking it and you can see that checked in the right topside…
Click validate button once and check whether it turns green .Then we are good
Cheers buddy

@Aditya_Bhalerao,

Can you please remove tableCol=0 instead of that can you please add or click aaname , make sure you’re selector validate.

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

Well it did work out, thanks @Arunachalam and @Palaniyappan. You guys were really helpful

Kindly close this topic with right comment marked as solution that could help others looking for ideas under your topic
Cheers buddy @Aditya_Bhalerao

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.