Getting the runtime error...!

Hi, Can you please tell me what is this error, I am getting the runtime error.

@Palaniyappan @HareeshMR

1 Like

no worrries
again kindly check with the global scope of the variable in the variable panel

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hi @balkishan
Check whether you are getting files in terms of Array because For Each is not getting Value.

1 Like

given, here I got this error.

1 Like

Kindly check whether the variable Files have value in it
for that use a writeline activity before to this for each activity and mention like this
Files.Length.ToString
if this gives output then we are good
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

were we able to find it out buddy
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

no bro, still facing the same issue.

no worries
what was the writeline activity output
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Throwing this error.

Fine
from where we are getting this Files variable
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

After remove the file error, next got this error.

1 Like

no worries
may i know what is that Process Document activity does
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

it process the doc to extract the value, correct variable I am passing but still got the error.

In the another workflow same variable passed and it works correctly.

1 Like

Fine it measn variable definitionFiles has no value in it
i hope that variable is assigned with the directory.getfiles right
kindly check once whether the folder mentioned in that getfiles method has any file in it or not and thats the reason why the definitionFiles has no value in it and this error is coming up
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hey @balkishan

i am just doubted that you are storing files from a particular directory in definitionFiles String array and you are passing Files in For each. correct me if you are assigning it somewhere which i am not able to see in your share image.

The above all errors are having same reason that the variables which you are passing is having null values.

So better to check where they are not getting the assigned or passed values in your workflow.

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Actually, they have assigned to the definitionFiles and passes the Files in the foreach loop but it working fine, no idea how it’s working. so even I am also confused with the same

Hey @balkishan

Buddy :slight_smile:

Check same with your passed variable to process document activity as well.
You can easily debug them via writeline :slight_smile:

i am sure you can do it easily. just Try 2-3 times.

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

The problem is bro, I am not able to see the which value they have assigned to this. Actually when I assigned the value and saved it multiple times, it show me empty only. Even I can’t find wheather it’s saved or not.

Hey @balkishan

Who are they here? - End users? if they are

best things is do not assign it in Arguments panel instead take input from user and use Assign Acitivty to assign to Input_File_Path or use Select File Activity

Regards…!!
Aksh

make sure that once the arguments are invoked and values are passed to it, save the workflow and dont click again on the IMPORT ARGUMENTS and to check with the value we need to click on Arguments property in the property panel of Invoke WorkflowFile activity and if we click on the import arguments it will freshly import the arguments so that we wont be able to find the value for them

–and coming to the error does that folder mentioned in the get files method has any files in it, because that output is what is assigned to the variable definitionFiles

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like