Getting T-1 Date's chat from WhatsApp

Hello all, I’m stuck in a use case where I have to extract chats from WhatsApp into excel for T-1 day. I thought of use Get Attribute Activity and came to a conclusion that we can extract the date from WhatsApp chat, then convert it to date-time data type. But I’m stuck as to how to extract the chats.

Hoping to get help from all.

Regards,
Hardik Durgam.

@Hardik_Durgam

How are you connected to watsapp?

Is it through api or ui?

And arey talkign about watsapp web or the mobile automation
Can you show till where you have reached

Cheers

1 Like

@Anil_G it is using web browser. So far I have been able to extract chats right from to time when the group was formed till latest chats. But instead of extracting chats from the start I have to only extract T-1 day’s chats.

I am attaching screenshot for your reference,

→ For example consider today’s date is 21/12/2022 and these are today’s chats

Then I should be able to extract all the chats of the previous day i.e 20/12/22

@Hardik_Durgam

If todaya date or t-1 date is present or not we can verify vy opening the chat…use mouse scroll activity in combination with element exists inside a while loop…

So we will loop thrpugh and perform mouse scroll till the date ribbon is identified…(use a dunamic selector in elment exists/check app stae activity to identify the current date ribbon)

Once it is done…We can try gettings the messages starting from the next message present…

To get may be we have to identify a selector which in relation with the date so that the next mesaage after dtae cna be identified

Hope this gives you and idea…please try and let us know if you find any blockers…

Cheers

2 Likes

@Anil_G sure I’ll try this method out.

Regards,
Hardik Durgam.

1 Like

@Harika_Mudiam do you have any solution?