Getting Started - Issue connecting Robot

Hi All,

I am brand new to RPA and UiPath. I am excited to learn how to use the tool however I am having issues connecting all of the pieces together.

I started by creating a machine, robot, and the environment. When I went to try and publish the process I was hit with an error. “Machine key is linked to another machine”
When I did some research it seemed like my robot was not connected. I went to my orchestrator and noticed the error below. In addition, I noticed that it says my robot is disconnected on the cloud dashboard.

Can someone help me figure out how to get this? Thank you all in advance and I look forward to being a part of this community.

1 Like

@ryan.fiedler Check this post :

I checked out this post and I think I may have figured out the issue. Looks like my machine name is different than the machine name in the cloud. How can I change this to match?

@ryan.fiedler You need to Create a New Robot or Delete the Existing Robot in Cloud if not Necessary and Create a new one with the Current Machine Name

Hi SupermanPunch - I deleted the old one and created a new robot.

Seems like it is still disconnected

@ryan.fiedler Have you changed the Orchestrator Settings in Robot Tray ?

Im not sure I understand.
the current set up of the machine in orchestrator is set up like this

@ryan.fiedler I meant have you changed the Setting in here :

I just created another robot and connected and Provided Machine Name, Machine Key and URL and it was Connected

@ryan.fiedler

Please can you check if the machine name matches the hostname(In the cmd prompt, type in hostname and check this value) of the system you are trying to connect.

I highlighted in yellow the robot, machine, and settings. They all match but still seems to be discounted. In red I put a box around what I think is the issue. The name seems to be off but I am unable to change it.

@ryan.fiedler You need to use that machine Name S01629-7480 which is the System name if I’m not wrong

Host names seem to match so my theory is out the window.

To get this fixed I had to use a machine template instead of a standard. In addition I had to use a studio floating robot. After I did this I was able to get my

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.