Getting error 'Cannot bring the target application in the foreground.' when process is triggreed from orchestrator and unattended bot is trying to execute it on remote machine

Getting error ‘Cannot bring the target application in the foreground.’ when process is triggreed from orchestrator and unattended bot is trying to execute it on remote machine

1. I am using community edition which has 1 license of unattended bot.
  2. I have published process on orchestrator which launches brower and perform some action on Remote desktop
  3. When RDC is closded , I am getting error Cannot bring the target application in the foreground

Any suggession what needs to be done to solve this issue ?

Is this click activity working on remote system??

if its a remote system operation then you should use CV screenscope activity and the RDC screen should be visible as it is a forground processs

Its working when RDP is opened , when RDP is minimised , it doesnt work.

yeah it is a foreground process so rdc should be opened

Means , If the RDC session is minimized or not logged into RDC box then it wont work ?

yeah!!! exactly shradha… it wont work
You have to understand that these click type into activity all are foreground process (front end process) so if the screen is visible then it will work otherwise wont work

Thanks for the confirmation

1 Like

Please mark it as solution if your query is solved

where to update ?

you wil find one tick mark below the post after few time Please click that

Hello @shraddha_joshi

Are you actioning on RDP using the Robot installed in your local?
If yes, the process will fail same like iif you start an automation for an application and in between if you close it, the process cannot identify the target application to action.

So if you want to continue with RDP automation you need to keep it alive.

I have one use case -

Suppose there is schedulded foreground processe that needs to be executed at night using unattended bot and no one is logged into RDC session then they will get fail .

How to handle this usecase ?

keep the system on and automate the login RDC process also … if not login it will fail definitely

the only solution to automate the login process or make sure that the Login should be done manually

I believe the robot is working inside RDP … so we just need to ensure some setups…

Sharing a video for reference.

Thanks,
Mukesh

Yes its working Fine Mukesh , Thanks for sharing it . My issue is resloved .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.