Getting "Assigned to" - user name from Action center

Hello all,

Is there a way to fetch the user “Assigned To” after the Human in loop is completed in the Action center. I tried to get the output data object out from the wait and resume task, and i couldnt find the variable or way to get the “Assigned to” user name from the Action center.

Let me know if anyone had this situation and solved. it would be helpful. Thanks.
@Lahiru.Fernando @Andra_Buica

Hello @Pradeep.Robot!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi,

Not sure if there is a simpler way to do this, but you should be able to get more info about a task by using Orchestrator HTTP Request.

Endpoint would be - “odata/Tasks(taskId)” where taskId is the action object id and in the response you have a field called AssignedToUserId.
As I imagine the UserId by itself is not exactly what you need, you can call the orchestrator for more details on that user with “odata/Users(AssignedToUserId)”.

Doing it this way is not exactly as straightforward as a theoretical ActionObject.AssignedToUser would be, but I hope it gets the job done for your usecase.

Cheers,
Bogdan

3 Likes

Hi Bogdan,

would be awesome! Any News?

Thanks, Lukas

Action Center users will now receive built-in notifications through two channels, in-app and email to notify them with the most relevant events like Action assignment (bulk& single), Action forward and Action un-assignments. Users can manage their own preferences for opting-in or opting-out of these notifications from user profile itself. All cloud customers will have this feature enabled without any pre-requisites or changes in the workflow.

Hey Bogdan,

just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the “new” ActionObject.AssignedToUser

Cheers,
Lukas

Except it doesn’t seem to work. I’m getting null values for AssignedToUser.EmailAddress and AssignedToUser.Name for a completed Form Task.

It worked fine for me when I tested it.

Maybe it’s because of the permissions. Now that you access information about users your executing user (typically robot role) needs view permissions for those to. You also need permission on Action Assignment.

This is not yet documented… (Activities - Wait for Document Validation Action and Resume)

Check this guy’s post though:

I have full permissions to view user information.

What version of IntelligentOCR.Activities are you using?

I’ve checked my test project for Form Tasks again and I’m not using the IntelligentOCR package there.

I’m only using the Persistence.Activities v.1.4.6 and the FormActivityLibrary v2.0.5
This is in combination with the Automation Cloud :sun_behind_large_cloud:

Attaching screenshot of immediate panel on breakpoint after the Wait for Form Task and Resume activity:

Cheers,
Lukas